Saturday, July 21, 2012

Happy Weekend!

How's everyone's Saturday going so far?  Mine has already gotten off to a great start!

After checking out the Dark Knight Rises last night- no spoilers here, but go see it!- my roommate Ellie and I woke up early to check out the Rochester Public Market.  This was my first time going (remember it from my July post) and it definitely lived up to the hype.  We stopped at Boulder first to grab iced coffees and then headed out to the venders. 







 I love the idea of buying fresh, local produce and so was glad I was able to do my part.  Everything was much cheaper than at grocery stores too, another plus!  I bought 2 containers of squash and zucchini for $2, strawberries and blueberries for $5 and a bag of baby spinach for $1.  I'm thinking a trip is definitely in the cards for next weekend and that iced coffee and one of the delicious breakfast sandwiches I saw is gonna have to happen as well. 

 Another Rochester first for me this week (I'm on a roll)?  The Seneca Park Zoo!  My friend Annie and I went Thursday afternoon as volunteers for the senior home we have both been helping out at this summer.  It was awesome to feel like a little kid again and do good (DG!) at the same time :)







Are there any "firsts" that you want to complete this weekend, this week, this month?  Get out and do them, it's almost August! 


No comments:

Post a Comment