Monday, June 18, 2012

Recent eats and potential new ones

Happy Monday!
I hope you had a nice weekend and a Happy Father's Day.  I spent mine working, hanging by the lake, going out with friends, and getting in a workout here and there.  I also ate some pretty good food this past week.  When I'm working, I eat dinner there so I don't get to cook as much as I would like (I really need the practice), so when I am home, I want to make something good.  I've also been into making tasty lunches now, especially when I know I will be working during dinner.  Some recent eats around here:

Awesome cake batter and caramel pretzel fro-yo with every topping imaginable including wheat germ.  By accident :/ 

Smoothie with frozen mixed berries, almond milk, spinach, vanilla almond protein powder and a scoop of sunflower seed butter.  Try this now.

Black bean quesadilla, sauteed veggies and quinoa

Inspired by my friend Julia's lunch- open face sandwich of turkey, provolone, pesto, spinach and avocado.

Leftovers done right- spinach salad with black beans, shredded cheddar cheese, sunflower seeds and avocado with olive oil sprinkled on top and a small side of pasta.


Last week's meals were awesome.  This week I'm planning on baking some chicken and roasting veggies one night, maybe a pasta and artichoke meal another and am making homemade pizza with one of my roommates.  Pictures to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment