Today was one of those days that I really didn't want to drive to the gym. I also couldn't (aka wouldn't) go for a run in the 90 degree weather. When I saw today's Summer Shape-up workout didn't require much equipment I was pumped. I turned our large, empty living room into my own personal gym, laid out my jump rope and hand weights and blasted Pandora's pop and hip-hop workout station (perfect workout background music). Today's workout left me with a few thoughts: 1) I am so sweaty and my contacts are getting blurry 2) I really need to practice the star plank and split squats (see here) 3) I need to buy a yoga may asap because doing these exercises on a sleeping bag is questionable and making me even hotter. Needless to say, I can't do anything about the heat, but I am going to work on those moves this week and right when I was done today I drove to Marshalls and picked up a lovely purple yoga mat. I can't believe it's my first one, even my dad has one. Guess I have an excuse to sign up for a yoga class now :)
After Marshalls I went to heaven on earth, formerly known as Pittsford Wegmans. I literally wanted to buy everything. I was also shopping hungry which is never a good idea. Seriously, don't do it. I almost bought a miniature carrot cake from the bakery section because of this. The one impulse buy I did have is something I've wanted to try for a while but have never seen in any of the store by my house, Vita Tops!
I'm thinking of heating one up tonight and smothering it in my new coconut peanut butter (!!!). I'll let you know how they are. All I'm saying is, they were almost a dollar a top so they better blow my mind.
I'm off to shamefully watch Pretty Little Liars, have a great night!

No comments:
Post a Comment